About the artist
An Iranian born artist now living in Columbus, Ohio, she attended the Faculty of Arts at the University of Tehran, and afterward studied under the mentorship of prominent Iranian painter Daruish Hosseini. She later began sculpting under the tutelage of eminent sculptor Behrooz Daresh. She has had several group and solo exhibits in both Tehran, Iran, and in the United States, and she and her work have been featured on Iran's national television station, Channel 4.
Raheleh's work concentrates on abstractions of the human form and the emotional expressivity emanating from it, something not found elsewhere in nature. Each piece shows an alternate view of the subject, displaying a distinct beauty otherwise unseen. One cannot pass Raheleh's pieces without stopping, and getting washed over by its startlingly unique perspective.
Her home renovation designs are dripping with the same sense of style.
Outside of art, Raheleh is a professional squash player, was on the National Iran Team for seven years, ranked #3 in her country, and achieved her highest world ranking of 187.
Raheleh “Rali” Bagheri
Exhibitions and shows
- 1998 – 2001, University of Tehran, Classes of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Degree in Art
- 1998 – 2012, Painting under mentor Mr. Daruish Hosseini, well-known painter in Iran, professor at University of Tehran and member of Iranian Painting Society.
- 2001 – 2012, Sculpting under mentor Mr. Behrooz Daresh, famous sculptor in Iran and member of Iranian Sculpture Society.
Exhibitions and shows
- 2008, First Iran Sculpture Expo, Tehran.
- 2010, First National Festival of Razavai Volumetric Elements, Mashhad.
- 2010, Second Biennial Urban Space with Sculptures, Tehran.
- 2000, Honar Sabz Art Studio, Tehran, solo exhibition of watercolor works.
- 2008, Kamal Al Din Behzade Gallery, Tehran, group exhibition of painting works.
- 2010, The Greatest Street Educational Workshop from Museum to Museum of the First Fadjr International Visual Arts Festival, Tehran.
- 2012, Haftan Art Gallery, Tehran, solo exhibition of acrylic works and covered on a National Iranian Television Channel 4 show.
- 2012, Fairfield County Fair, third, fourth, and fifth place for pieces among two watercolors and four drawings.
- 2015, Studio on High Gallery, Columbus OH, group exhibition, Somewhere in Time.
- 2015, ROYGBIV, Columbus OH, group exhibition, Small Art Work.
- 2017, X-SPACE, Ohio Art League Gallery, Columbus OH, solo exhibition, SCARves, photography and installation.
- 2018, Concourse Gallery, Columbus OH, solo exhibition, Faces of Columbus, pen and pastel on paper.
- 2018, Riffe Gallery, Columbus OH, group exhibition, Upper Arlington at Riffe, pen on paper.